Friday, November 23, 2012

Advent Christmas Tags

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We spent the day at my sister, Pat's house. I was in charge of bringing the craft project for the evening. Inspired by a project I saw on Jenni Bowlin's site - Advent Christmas tags. I brought over a variety of punches and Christmas paper. Loved how it all turned out!

My sister Frances made the advent tag page below. The tags are pretty small, all 25 fit on an 8 1/2 x 11" sheet of paper.
Pat made the tags below. Her's are a bit larger and she punched holes at the top to hang along a string.
My nephew's wife, Joanne made the following tags - she was the first to finish all 25 - she's a crafter like the rest us sisters.
My sister Maryl decided to make larger tags - these would definitely look great on a xmas package. 
I made the mini advent tags below. As you can see, some are very simple, as I was busy assisting others with their projects, but I think as a whole it still works.
I think next year I like to host a class during November to do this same project - it was lots of fun and another great way to use up small scraps of paper.

I also like to thank Stampington & Co. for their continued support, as today I received another complimentary issue - Somserset Studio Gallery. I'm still thrilled every time I see one of my pieces published. This issue has several items of mine.
Below is a piece I made at a class I took from Kristen Robinson and Ruth Rae this summer.
 The page below are a couple paper dolls I made earlier in the year.
 The project below is a mini book I made with Pam Garrison wrapping paper for the cover.
Thanks to all of you for all your support throughout the year. It means so much to me! I appreciate all your comments and kind words. Happy Thanksgiving! 

4 comments:

  1. Great xmas tags from everybody. So clever and simple. Thanks for sharing this holiday idea. Congrats on another recognition from Stampington on your art pieces. The paper dolls are adorable, clever use of the Martha Stewart cupcake skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie you leave me speechless,what beautiful work.
    Oh wow, your latest published work...amazing..So happy for you,enjoy.I love all your created sister tags as well, so creative.Thanks for sharing. Hugs Laura.xoxx "You go creative girlfriend"..

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful idea for a christmas project: making an advent calendar in different shapes. love them all, especially the banner.

    so happy you're in yet another stampington magazine. you are not only so prolific; you are original and make fascinating art in many media..

    you are also a wonderful sister who is one of the most generous people i know.

    lana cano kloch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Connie ~ Thanks for providing everything we needed to create the fun Xmas tags - love how they all turned out. And congrats on getting more of your art work published! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete