Sunday, November 3, 2013

Fun To Paint Circles

I've been playing with paint and drawing circles...inspired by Roben Marie Smith, she's a wonderful artist with great on-line videos.
Here's some photos of the step-by-step process. I finger-painted some circles in an old journal book with some colorful acrylic paints.
Then I added multiple colors of paint and continued to make more layers of circles...
Afterwards I added some white paint for accents...
Then I layered more circles using white and black pens...
Now, you may be wondering what you do with all these colorful circles. I like to cut them out and add them to my projects as accents. Below I used them to embellish wrapped gifts...
My next project was in my Dylussions mini journal. I laid down several colors of acrylic paint.
 Using an old plastic gift card, I smeared the paint around.
 Then added some white paint...
I cut out some of the circles and glued them in my journal pages to create a fun background. Next I made some paper dolls using Catherine Moore Character Construction stamps, and glued them to the page. Here's my finished journal pages.
Bright colors huh? It's fun - makes me smile. 

Hope you had a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Connie you always come up with the most creative ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for showing how you made the colorful circles. i received one on my gift wrapped present and i love how you decorated it. then you added the beautiful tag.

    i will have to try it soon.

    lana cano kloch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whats not too love! Thanks for sharing as you always do....lucky girls who get those gifts esp with the tags!!!! Love them
    Have a happy week...xo Laura Himm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great step by step instructions of how you made the circles. I love them as accents on anything. The journal pages are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete