Sunday, June 11, 2017

Paint Box Junk Journal

After taking a wonderful Junk Journal class from Lisa Guerin, I couldn't wait to make another one on my own. I was looking for a small book to use as the encasement, but couldn't find the right size, so I opted to use an old paint box.

Since I was using a paint box as my book cover, I chose to add lots of bright color to my pages, by using colored tissue paper.
I collaged the cover of the paint box with paper, paint, stamps and other embellishments.
The inside is made up from an accordion folded manila folder that's been stained. 
I just glued one end of the accordion fold onto the inside cover.
Most of the images are from the new Lynne Perrella stamps I just purchased. I also used some stamps from Catherine Moore and Tim Holtz.
I guess you can make a book/journal out of most anything.
Hope you had a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous paint box journal! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding! Love that you turned the paint box into a fabulous
    junque journal. I particularly love the collaged cover with the 3D effect.

    ReplyDelete