Sunday, May 29, 2011

Memorial Day Artful Play Date

Today, I spent a wonderful day creating art with my sister Maryl and dear friends Connie & Ruby.  We started our juices flowing by doing a little creative shopping for things to use in our art.  Our first stop was East Bay Depot for Creative Reuse.  Here's what we all purchased.

Connie Stuart's Haul
Maryl's Haul
Ruby's Haul
My Haul. Best purchase was the chair - I'm going to reupholster that one, stay tuned.

Then we did a quick trip to Scrapbook Territory on 4th Street in Berkeley.  I know, I was just there but there's always something to find there.
Okay, back to my house to start creating...did we fill up that table or what?  Piles of goodness!
And here's our finished projects...

Wanna know who did what? Maryl made the bird piece in upper left corner. Ruby made the mini canvas piece with book in upper center. Connie Stuart made two pieces: flip book with flower basket and vintage photo piece on hanger on the right.  I made the necklace and card with dress form.  All great projects, kudos to everyone!

For dinner, our family headed over to Japan Town.  I just wanted to show these cool vintage style wire baskets I picked up at Daiso, the Japanese dollar store. One is rectangular with wooden handles and the other is oval shaped.  There were a bit more than $1, but under $4.  Items in basket not included :-).

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun day of shopping & creating. Love everyone's projects (cf, you weren't kidding when u said u found "mini" purses) but still managed to emblish it & incorporate it in a fabulous necklace. F

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day getting those creative juices flowing! Thanks Connie for hosting...the hostest with the mostest! Love those vintage-style baskets you bought at Daiso! I think I'll have to make a quick trip. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. completely lovely.
    we're very lucky to combine all these things and talk about future ones ...very inspiring ,thank you !! :)
    i agree on the mini purse-it was transformed
    in a wonderful way.
    -Connie

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a wonderful day and evening...you found such wonderful object d arts. and the art you four produced from them and your destash is incredible.

    words leave me when i see the magic you create...

    lana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of your creations - what a great way to spend the day together!

    ReplyDelete