Sunday, July 8, 2012

Let's Make Necklaces...

I have several items to share, all centered around necklaces. First off, I took Diane Cook's Heart Strings on-line class a couple weeks ago. Diane does wonderful work and I was thrilled to be able to make one of her Heart String necklaces. This is the one I made...
The ribbons on the necklace are Sari silk, remnants from making Indian Sari's...my new love. You can find many variations on etsy by searching "sari ribbon." The necklace is a potpourri of small treasures.
This weekend, I had a play date with my sisters, Maryl and Diana. We made necklaces inspired by Lisa Guerin's work with shrink plastic.
Maryl made the two necklaces on the left and I made the one on the right...so adorable, I love them all!
Diana made the necklace below...
Diana wore it out shopping and received many compliments - nice work Dee, it looked great on you!

Later that day, we went to Garden Seed in Danville and I saw some jewelry designed by Beth Hess. I was so inspired by her work, that I went home and made the two necklaces below. The center piece is a buckle, transformed into a vintage jewelry collage.
The size of the buckle is 2.75" x 1.75"...it makes for a great frame to collage your pieces in.



This one is pretty small, the center piece is 1.5" x 1".
These were all so fun to make, I can't wait to make more.
I love the rectangular shape of the center piece...you can see the difference in the sizes, one is about half the size of the other.

6 comments:

  1. Connie ~ The Heart String necklace looks amazing!

    Dee ~ Nice job on the necklace. It is really a work-of-art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie, you really took an idea and ran with it. Your buckle piece necklace is spectacular with your arrangement of the jewels, especially the larger flower piece. I love the horizontal shape of the smaller necklace, so cute.
    Thanks for helping me make my necklace..I love it! Maryl, thanks for sharing your Lisa Guerin inspired necklaces with us. Your necklaces are so adorable. I can't wait to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a creative family. Necklaces are all beautiful and I'm sure you had fun making them. R

    ReplyDelete
  4. EYE Candy for sure!
    You all did beautiful pieces! I love love the shrink art pieces...
    You are all so talented it gives me inspiration!
    Than you girls!

    XO
    Laura H

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmm..Beautiful work ladies!
    I think I need to get me a SISTER!
    lol!
    xoxox,
    diana g.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh I do wish we lived closer!! I love the jewelry your creating it's beautiful... and didn't you just LOVE diane cook!! I met her a few years ago at carol parks, lovely, lovely lady!

    ReplyDelete