Sunday, May 18, 2014

Roben Marie Smith Projects & Tim Holtz Doll

I recently signed up for two online classes from Roben-Marie Smith. She's a wonderful artist with amazing classes you can take right from your computer. Below is the project I made after taking her Clutch Play workshop.

In the class, she teaches you how to transform a plain piece of fabric into a clutch and a journal. It was an amazing class and I was able to use all the stencils I've been collecting, and also have some fun with my Gelli plate.
I decided to make up my own inside journal pages by sewing bits of scrap paper and embellishments over plain white paper. These are just a few of the pages...
Below is a shot of the fronts...
 And here are the backs...

Then the online other class I signed up for is called, Art Journal Conversation. I actually haven't finished watching all 4+ hours of videos yet, but I love what I've made already. Here's some pictures of my work in progress...
 I added many layers of paint...
Then some white accents...
 More layers of paint...
Below is a picture of how my hands looked splattering black and white dots everywhere. After I was done, I found dots on my clothes, toes, table, monitor, wine glass, haha...
 But I just love how the finished pages look...
I can only describe them as "yummy" since they look so rich and colorful...I love all the shapes, textrues...Roben Marie Smith is amazing! 
 
Just about every page has some script writing...each one about the love of sisterhood! I feel so fortunate to have 5 sisters to share our creative passion (and fashion) together!
I made a total of 17 pages! I haven't even finished watching the rest of her class, but I think we're supposed to turn these pages into journal covers - how cool! I might be scanning these pages so I can re-use them on other projects too,

Also, I'm so happy to see my doll that I made for Tim Holtz at the International Quilt Show, held this weekend in Pittsburgh. I used his fabric for the dress, arms/legs and tote. Thanks Paula for posting this on Facebook!

And lastly, I have to show you what my sister Diana made for me.
A totally adorable embellished envelope and all those journal cards - also inspired from Roben-Marie Smith. I just love the girl she used for the envelope! I have to send these to Stampington :-)

Looking forward to a three day weekend coming up...yay!

5 comments:

  1. amazing pages... they look so tantalizing and colorful.. WOW.. you did a lot this week. good for you.

    lana cano kloch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bold and vibrant colors on your clutch play projects - It's over the top gorgeous, this is probably one of my very favorite art pieces that you've done!
    Your journaling pages are scrumptious - great colors with nice depth to your pages. Tim Holtz's new fabric looks adorable on your cute doll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talented Connie, Oh how I enjoyed your fabulous blog !!! Your creative work projects inspired by Roben Marie Smith are marvelous. I want to do that too. lol...Your bold happy patterned colors just work perfect. I love your art doll, so amazing. Your sister work is adorable too. Thanks for sharing..I have a thinking of you tiny gift going in the snail mail this week. Your such an inspiration. Big Friendship creative Hugs...xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    Giaonhan247 chuyên dịch vụ vận chuyển hàng đi mỹ cũng như dịch vụ ship hàng mỹ từ dịch vụ nhận mua hộ hàng mỹ từ website nổi tiếng Mỹ là mua hàng amazon về VN uy tín, giá rẻ.

    ReplyDelete