Monday, September 5, 2016

Painting Black Flowers & Loops

I just finished a quick project painting flowers & loops on tissue paper. I use these painted black flowers and loops often in my art journals and cards.
I use Japanese Sumi drawing ink and a Japanese calligraphy paint brush to paint the flowers.
It did take awhile to cut out the flowers individually, but it'll be so handy to have them ready to use going forward.
Below are a couple of samples of how I use my painted flowers & loops.
The best things I like about painted them on tissue paper is that it gives me the option to preview how it will look before I glue them down vs actually painting the drawings directly on my originals and I also love the transparency of the tissue over my drawings.
I hope you had a great weekend...Happy Labor Day!

2 comments:

  1. What a unique idea - looks so pretty! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete