Sunday, October 16, 2016

More Painting & Making Notebooks

I've been having so much fun playing with paint and making color background papers. This time I used the Target brand paints, they have such great colors.
I reused some of my previously painted Paige dolls and put them on my new backgrounds for new cards
I came up with the 7 new card designs..
As you might noticed, each of these new cards uses a small piece of an old chalkboard calendar boarder under the girls.
I also added my signature scribble flower on each card.
I almost love my under cover paper, that I use to protect my table as much as the actual background paper. It could make great wrapping paper, don't you think?
Then, I decided to try making notebooks with my card designs. I experimented with a bunch of different styles and sizes.
Mini notepads with glued adhesive on one side. 
Sewn & stapled pocket notebooks
Wire bound notebooks
Plastic and disc bound notebooks
I think my favorites are the mini glued adhesive pads, great size for carrying in your purse for small notes. These are about 2" x 3" and really quick to make. I got so ambitious making notebooks that I invested in a stack cutter.
This baby can supposedly cut 400 sheets of paper like butter. I've only tried cutting a stack of like 30 pages and it works great. More notebooks to come. :-)

I'm teaching this Saturday and hope to show them how I make some of these notebooks, among some of my other painting tips.

Hope you had a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my! I can't wait...I always carry a notebook in my purse and these would be adorable! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your little paintings/cards, they are so yummy and colorful. And I agree, everyone needs a little notepad in their bag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are the cutest little notebooks….perfect way to use the Paige doll art. The Target brand paints has a nice intense color and very clever of you to use the chalkboard calendar for borders on their dresses. Wrapping paper would be awesome using your background paper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot for this post! I had no idea a tool like this existed. I've shown it to a friend and she bought one that we can both share! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete