Friday, September 15, 2017

Vintage Photo Box Art

I'm still playing with Tim Holtz's pack of vintage photos, they're so fun to use since they're all cut out already. I made these six altered photo box art pieces below.
 I used 6 vintage photos and found 6 small box lids.
I decided to use the box lids as bodies.
Here's a few step by step photos...
I covered the inside of the box with some old text paper. I used kraft colored paper to cut out the dresses and crinkles them up and edged with brown ink.
 I added embellishments to the dresses and stripped legs to the photos.
The last step was to cover the box lid with some printed transparency paper.

Here's some close up shots of each one.






It was a fun project, I hope I've inspired you to play with Tim's vintage photos and some box lids.
Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable! Using the box lids with the embellishments is
    very cute, plus the little legs and the vintage photo faces are fantastic!
    One of your cutest projects among many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are really great.. thanks for sharing the techniques..connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really inspired! Love the way you've created 'outside the box' so to speak. :) I'm going to have to make some myself! ~ Heather

    ReplyDelete