Sunday, March 18, 2018

Black and White Mark Making

This morning I had a fun play date with my good friend Lois. We challenged ourselves to just use black paint and ink and make some marks on papers. These are Lois's beautiful creations...
These are my pieces...
I also added some black and white papers, napkins and tissues.
And for my large piece, I added some floral napkins for a pop of color.
We decided to turn these pieces of paper into envelopes, by folding them in thirds and sewing up the sides.
We think the small ones would be great for gift cards.
What a fun play date we had! I'm always inspired by Lois's creations.

I also wanted to share my felted journals I made in Wendy Brightbill's, All Things Paper". 
These were so fun to make and I love using up my scraps of fabric and ribbon.

Hope you had a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Just fabulous! Love all your pics the and the felted journals, in particular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing what you and Lois created by challenging yourselves.
    I love that you turned your finished pieces into usable envelopes - adorable. I also love your felted journals, so colorful, whimsical with a nice feminine touch with the flowers.

    ReplyDelete