Sunday, June 17, 2012

Altered Book

At a recent visit to an Altered Book Exhibit in Novato, I was inspired by one of the altered books on display and came up with my own version of the collage piece:
Awhile ago, I purchased a few vintage book covers from Jenni Bowlin's Mercantile site, http://www.jbsmercantile.com/ ,for $1 each. Below is what the cover looks like.
Here is the inside of the book...a perfect background to embellish. With all the pages already torn out, I was all ready to get started.
I wanted to keep the colors to neutrals and somewhat vintage/book related.
 For one of the items, I altered a mini book and cut out a window and inserted a vintage photo.
I decided to hang my book sideways...below is the top half.
Here's the bottom half.
And here's where I got my inspiration from...mine is definitely more black and white themed.

Happy Father's Day!

2 comments:

  1. Very creative use of the book covers. The black and white effect is a nice touch and the cut out with the vintage photo adds dimension to your piece. Thanks for sharing how you get your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo Connie!! So creative! Hope to see you soon! xox, Diana G.

    ReplyDelete