Sunday, April 20, 2014

Birthday Dress Tags

This week I made a few more projects with RedLead's adorable chipboard dresses. I call these my birthday dress tags.
It starts with these chipboard shapes...
Chipboard  Dresses - Bake Cookies - Small - 3 -
I covered the dresses with RedLead's beautiful artisan collage sheet...
Collage Sheet - Artisan Three - Brand New & Special Price too!
The faces came from some of their ancestor collage sheets.
I used RedLead's alteration tags as the background. For the dress stand, I twisted some wire and pounded it flat.
Afterwards, I ended up coloring the tags with acrylic paint...
Then I sewed some random stitching with my sewing machine on the left side of the tags.
Next, I taped the dress form stands onto the tags and added the embellished dress on top...
 Then finally, I packaged them up and sent them off to Stampington!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and Easter Sunday!

7 comments:

  1. Your birthday tags are super cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tags are so cute and looks like fun to make. I'll be surprised if Stampington doesn't publish these. R

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute tags...anyone would feel special to receive one...especially from a creative & talented artist as yourself...so colorful & full of life. Thx for sharing! F

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, these are too adorable for words. Very creative, twisting the wire
    for a dress stand - love it! Looks like a fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ADORABLE!!!! Can't wait to see them featured!
    Thanx for sharing
    XO Laura H

    ReplyDelete
  6. Connie, thank you for this tutorial. I wondered what you could do with chipboard shapes, and what you did is fabulous. These tags are so sweet, and I cannot wait to see them published. Shannon Benedetti

    ReplyDelete
  7. Connie I just love your birthday tags and thank for the awesome tutorial. Always I huge pleasure to visit your beautiful blog magic. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete