Sunday, April 27, 2014

Mixed Media House Projects

I made these houses a few months ago, but have been keeping them private until RedLead published them first. They showed them in their newsletter this past weekend.
RedLead sent me some wooden house shape pieces a few months ago. They sell a variety of shapes and sizes, and the houses are approximately 8" x 5". You get all the parts to the house: the frames, the cut-outs and the base.
I covered the house shape in a variety of background papers...
 
Then I gave the house base a color wash on top of the background paper with Caran d'Ache Neocolor II wax pastels.
I painted some of the house frames and others I covered in dictionary paper.
 
Then using some of the ancestor and bird college sheets from RedLead, I filled the windows.
I had so much fun working on these houses. Thanks Chris and Sharon from RedLead for allowing me to be a guest artist!
I'm going to hold a small workshop to make 3 to 4 of these houses - June 28th 1-5pm. $45. Email me if you're interested in signing up!

1 comment:

  1. these are wonderful, connie.. thanks for the tutorial. the class sounds fun.
    thanks for teaching me how to make the dresses from red lead too. it was a fun evening.
    lana cano kloch

    ReplyDelete