I painted the edges of the frame with black acrylic paint. This week, I purchased this script image (http://www.etsy.com/transaction/51925144) from etsy and enlarged it. I printed the script font on kraft paper and covered my wooden frame. I like this frame because the center is sunken a bit, so you have a shallow shadow box. I added bits and pieces from my stash.
Yesterday, I went to the Addison EndPaper sale. I know I just went last weekend, but they advertised a blow-out sale to clear out some of their backroom inventory. So, needless to say, I have more great vintage finds to add to my collection.
http://www.americastestkitchen.com/recipes/detail.php?docid=7612). I made it few times before, but this time I rushed a step. When whipping the egg whites for the cake batter, I knew I had a bit of egg yolk in there. That's definitely a no-no and my whites never did get to the stiff stage, but I made the cake anyhow. The cake didn't rise enough to make three layers, so I thought, no biggie, I just have a two layer cake now. This is how it turned out.
It still looked good and my husband said it tasted good, but the cake part was very dense. Shoot, I should have re-done the egg whites when I knew it didn't get stiff. It bugged me all night, so I knew today I had to remake the cake part, dissemble the cake and put it back together again. Here's the new and improved cake, made into a trifle-type dessert. The cake part is 100% better and now it's really 3 layers!