Monday, July 4, 2011

Tic-Tock - Making Clocks

Today we had a wonderful 4th of July party at my niece's house in Novato. My niece, knowing how us girls love to craft, had a great project for us - making clocks! I love how each one looks so different.
It was so much fun and something we've never done before. We just used 10" cake boards for the round piece and she provided the mechanics for the clock to poke in the center - so clever.
 Here's us with our finished projects.
Unfortunately, 2 of the other sisters left before we worked on the project - so they're missing from our group photo. But we did get one photo op of the 6 sisters together...

My niece has a beautiful house on the water and we got to go out on her boat and cruise around.
 Here's my husband and son on the peddle kayak.
Here's a pic of the dessert I brought. My husband suggested the strawberry dessert again - but this time I added some blue berries for the red, white and blue aspect. My husband also preferred the truffle style, so that's my new format for this strawberry cream dessert.
And as a last note, I did make it to the Alameda Point flea market this weekend. Here are my finds...my fav is the mini lamp shade for $4 - gotta embellish that one with some mini millinery flowers.
 I wanted to show the inside of some of the items, because there are some great pages.
Luckily, we got there early and left early and boy was I glad. When we left at 10:30m the line to get in was crazy long, not to mention crazy HOT too.
I hope you all had a wonderful and safe 4th of July!

6 comments:

  1. Today was one of the best July 4th holiday cuz it was spent with the best family ever! Thx Nat & Jean for hosting such a fun day. The food was fantastic, love the boat ride, & our clock was so much fun to make. Thx everyone for your generous help, ideas & superb dishes. F

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for capturing how much fun we had at our niece's home. she and jean are so thoughtful. just love the home on the water w/ esp w/ the choices of the various type of water crafts.

    thanks for posting of your finding at the alameda flea market. what great finds. love the vintage autograph books, bisque doll and the lamp frame..'

    what a memorable 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to spend the 4th - with awesome family, good food, and fun entertainment! I can't believe that long line at Alameda Pt. - Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously Connie! Can I have one of you for a sister?? I haven't even one sis! You six are truly blessed! I Hope to see you again soon! Maybe at renegade!
    xoxox, diana g.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the albums. If you ever want to get rid of the album covers let me know. I have been looking for just the covers. Looks like you had a great weekend with the family.


    Cindi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just remembered to check this blog for pics of the clocks and 4th of July ~ What fun! Love the pic of the sisters - it's been a while since I've seen a current one of you guys =). It's so cool to have aunties (and a mom!) that are as cool as my very own sisters! XOXO

    ReplyDelete