Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pam Garrison Wrapping Paper

I love Pam Garrison's drawings and was thrilled when my sister Lana bought me her wrapping paper. I'm not sure where you can get it anymore...she gave it to me months ago. I used one of the pieces of wrapping paper for the background of my latest paper doll.
This is what Pam Garrison's wrapping paper looks like when you buy it - not your ordinary roll. It comes in a set of flat sheets. You get several designs in the pack.
I decided to make a couple of projects with one sheet of paper. The first is a mini purse I made from one of those mini books. This is what I started with - a mini book I purchased from Craft Depot for .80.
I laminated the wrapping paper with Vinyl Fuse, an iron on vinyl you can find at Joann's. Then I wrapped it around the book cover.
Below is what the back side looks like.
I lined the inside of the purse with fabric and then I attached some ribbon for handles. This purse was just a prototype. I wanted to try something small to see how it would come out. Now I can venture on to something bigger.
The next project I made with Pam's wrapping paper was a mini book.
 It measures about 4.5" x 4.5".
Here's the inside of the book...
 I used some of my recent supplies - tags from Cosmo Cricket.
 Always love to use Catherine Moore stamps.
 Some embellishments from K&C.
 Papers & embellishments from October Afternoon.
 This is the back cover.
That's it! Next on my list of projects is making a clock from an old book.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, love your new projects & so clever to make a mini purse from a tiny book. Can't wait to take your santos class! F

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little book/purse is so cute with Pam Garrison's paper and black and white polka handles.
    Love each page of your mini book, You keep coming up with great ideas. Thanks for your "show and tell" of all your new projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connie!
    I love your latest paperdoll! They are just so fun to make! I always think making them is a way I continue to playdolls as a grown up! Lol. Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Connie
    I too love Pam Garrisons paper....I found mine at Home Goods for an impressive price of $7.99..... Papaya was selling it but no longer does~~~~ Your purse and mini book are great!

    Laura H

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is marvelous and so creative, connie. can you add "share" at the bottom of each post, so that i can share it with my other friends. luv. luv. luv. lana cano kloch

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww... your all of them are so adorable and cute I can't resist it!! Do you know which website does provide this kind of handmade craft step by steps guide! I would like to do it once a while...as a hobby while i am not working in front of my computer

    ReplyDelete