Wednesday, March 14, 2012

My New Paper Doll & More Workshop Info...

I just love the papers from pinkpaislee. They have a fun blog: http://www.pinkpaislee.com/pink-paislee-blog/ and web site: http://www.pinkpaislee.com/home.php. I didn't realize that 3 of the sets I recently bought all came from this company. Tonight, I made another paper doll with the paper from the Spring Jubilee line.
In case you're curious, I got the doll head image from this book:
Joanna Pierotti recommended this book in one of the classes I took from her. She uses it as a reference to see how faces were painted on porcelain dolls. They're some great images in there.

I also have a couple new workshops to mention.

As a special request from Debrina Pratt, I will be holding another molding/casting workshop:
Saturday, March 31st
12-3:30pm
$35
Below is a picture from a previous molding workshop.
I have a date set for my class in San Jose, at A Work Of Heart, Aug. 25th 10-12. I'll be teaching the Burlap Santos doll that was published in Somerset Studio Gallery Winter 2012 issue. Here's the link with more information: http://www.aworkofheart.com/calendar/view_event.asp?CalendarID=12426. This will be my first time teaching here. I love the studio and the people that work there - it's so inspiring!
 
I'm also hosting a Debrina Pratt workshop on May 12th; however, at this time the class is full. If I get any cancellations, I'll will post it. If you want to send me an email to be on the waiting list, please do so. She'll be teaching a tin shadow box. The class will be from 1-5, $75. Her work is so adorable, you can see more here: http://www.earthangelstoys.com/html/debrina_pratt_-_fairyland.html

And last, I do have one more spot available for my Mini Santos Class on Saturday, March 24th. Time: 1-4:30pm $30.

1 comment:

  1. Another cute paper doll creation. Love all the adornments on it and her little jacket is adorable. Thanks for telling us how you did the german doll head. Great tip.

    ReplyDelete