Friday, January 27, 2012

Valentine Girl & Workshop Info

I decided to play with some of my new supplies today. I love this K&C valentine card kit (purchased from Michael's). They prepared an adorable jump start for a valentine card/project.
Today I was at Dollar Tree and found these large clear pebbles (approximately 1" in diameter)...I thought, this could be fun for something.
I also picked up these embellishments at Joann's today. These are from K&C...they're not new, but I've never bought them before.
I recently bought some new stamps from Character Constructions and have been stamping and cutting during my spare time this week (after work and before bed).
This is what I've came up with after playing around...
The chocolate candy in her hand came from a card from Diana G. - thanks D.
On another note, I'm finally planning some workshops to be held at my home. I'm thinking of having one in March and one in April. One workshop will be a "found-chic necklace" and another workshop will be the "mini-santos doll" (polymer clay)...stay tuned. I've been buying supplies to get ready.

Also, I got an email today from A Work Of Heart Studio(http://www.aworkofheart.com/). They asked if I would teach my Burlap Santos doll that was published in the Winter Somerset Studio Gallery. I said "Yes" and will be teaching this project sometime in June or July. The studio is in San Jose...come join me if you're in the area.

4 comments:

  1. Connie
    Love the card and all the elements you purchased to put it all together!
    I would love too attend the necklace class and hope that I have the date available when announced...Have a beautiful weekend....
    Laura H :0

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats!! on teaching connie that's awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your valentine card is so creatively designed. I love the little tear/heart on her cheek.
    Would love to take your jewelry class - hope I will be around for that one.

    That's great that you were asked to teach and that your Burlap Santos got a lot of admirers.
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to the burlap Santos class! I'm a south bay girl and am hoping it fits with my schedule.
    Shawn

    ReplyDelete