Thursday, February 23, 2012

7 Gypsies Guest

In January, I was asked by the head designer for 7 Gypsies, Debbie Crouse,  if I would be interested in creating a project to display in the 7 Gypsies booth at CHA. Wow, was I thrilled and immediately said yes! Here's the end result.
Here's a bit about the journey.  I was sent a box of really cool 7 Gypsies products...
I was asked to turn the library drawer into a shadow box. I came up with an idea in the middle of the night and immediately sketched this image.
The sketch gave me a good jump start into what I needed to do. First, I gave the drawer a white wash.
 Then I started to build my sections. I used the rulers as my shadow box dividers.
I love the mini apothecary domes. I filled mine with buttons, rhinestones and a frozen charlotte.
I made a banner from the apothecary stickers.
This was such a fun project and I'm honored to be a guest on the 7 Gypsies blog today: http://www.sevengypsies.blogspot.com/. Thank you Debbie and Paula for your confidence and support.



3 comments:

  1. Why is it no surprise a fabulous work of art was creative by you from an empty drawer. Thx for detailed progression. Your talent is endless & always look forward to what unique project you'll come up with next. F

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie ~ I love your shadow box - it's quite imaginative and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous!! Now I can see how your project took shape and how your thought process evolved into this beautiful shadow box. Very nice use of the burlap behind the ceramic doll head, and the butterfly off center under the glass looks great. The banner finishes it off nicely. Great show piece!

    ReplyDelete