Monday, May 7, 2012

Workshop with Kristen Robinson & Ruth Rae

I attended a wonderful workshop taught by Kristen Robinson & Ruth Rae on Sunday at A Work Of Heart in San Jose. This is my finished project...it's going to be a wall hanging. Did you notice I found a home for my cloth doll?
Below is a picture of Ruth and a dress she made embellished with free motion sewing. The dress is amazing...Ruth sewed words in beautiful script all around!
Here we are just getting started and to my amazement, we each had a sewing machine to use during class.

Below, Ruth is demonstrating some of her special techniques.
This was my messy work in progress...

Here are the projects the other students made...
This one is my sister, Lana's.
This student made a pouch.
Lana, Ruth, Me & Kristen
Thank you Kristen & Rae for a great class, I had so much fun and love my project. Thank you Andrea and Lex for hosting a wonderful workshop.


3 comments:

  1. Wow! I love how the all the projects came out! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous - I so wanted to take this class....but I live on the other side of the world. Yours turned out beautiful! This is my first time stopping by your blog. I read your article in SS Life and wanted to ask if I could be one of the sister's in your family? Great article and such wonderful books. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, I looked for you at the flea market last sunday, did you go?

    Love ya
    Debbie Addie

    ReplyDelete