Saturday, January 5, 2013

2013 Collaborative Calendar Project

Happy New Years! I just received our final month of our 2013 Catherine Moore collaborative calendar project. I participated in this project last year, and was thrilled to do it again. Thank you Catherine for your wonderful stamps to enable us to create beautiful pages, and also to Chris Capista for organizing the outstanding project.

The talented Nancy Gene Armstrong created this lovely cover page for us below.
January: Me
February: Lisa Bruno
March: Teresa Gifford
April: Nancy Gene Armstrong
May: Catherine Moore
June: Laura Haviland
July: Chris Capista
August: Vilma Gasnier
September Lana Kloch
October: Lisa Guerin
November: Jackie Peters
December: Linda Warlyn
It was so much fun receiving the calendar pages in the mail. They came one at a time, often in beautifully decorated envelopes. Needless to say, it made mail delivery much more exciting. Everyone did an outstanding job!

I also thought I'd share with you this small project I did the other day. Michael's has this new line of binders out, a take off from the "Smash" line of scrapbooks/journals. Inside are various printed pages and envelopes, and shown below is the cover.
I love how the binder format makes inserting pages very easy.
I decided to collage the cover.
I cut up bits and pieces of card stock and glued them to the cover.
 Then I added some doodles and embellishments, and covered the entire surface with beeswax.
Here's a peek of some of the inside pages that I altered.
I used these mini postcards for the right-hand page of the journal (see below for more detail)
 This will be used as my 2013 journal/scrapbook for the year.

On another note, I found these adorable mini postcards at Pottery Barn the other day.
 
It comes with 56 mini postcards, just 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" and 36 mini envelopes

As for an update on my current projects, I'm still making progress on my quilt and hoping to finish that in another week. I've also been getting estimates for framing my vintage yardsticks. It's been very discouraging; I've been to two locations and both of them came in with estimates far exceeding $600. So, I think I'm going to have to make this a do-it-yourself project. Well, that's it for now...the reveal of my big project still to come. Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season!

5 comments:

  1. The 2013 calendar is lovely! Nice job on January. Love how you collaged the binder cover, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the calendar! (your page especially) The binder is just another of your wonderful creations.
    I wish I had just some of your talent and energy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your calendar page is fantastic, yours too Lana. Nice job. Thanks for sharing what you did with the binder cover. I love the whole quilted pattern effect plus the beeswax coating makes it really unique.
    Great inspiration piece for doing smaller journals and binders. The mini postcard set is so cute. Gonna have to look for that to use on projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful art by everyone~~~~~Connie love your binder cover and love that you are using bees wax...There's a class idea??? Hint Hint...Am I not bad??!! With good intent for sure..... Thank you as always for sharing these beauties and all the wonderful finds you come across.....
    Much appreciated
    Laura H
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. the calendar pages look great. thanks for compiling them for all to see in a group. love what you did with the binder and the cover.. collaging and waxing it looks extraordinary.. the mini cards are wonderful. love your project. thanks for turning us on.

    you have been so busy. think you can do the yardstick frame picture yourself. check out youtube.

    can't wait to see the finished quilt.

    lana cano kloch

    ReplyDelete