Sunday, October 10, 2010

October Weekend Fun

Friday afternoon I had a fun art play date with my daughter's 1st grade teacher, Lois. She has a strong passion for arts and always had the best projects for the kids. I loved every project Rachel would bring home.

Lois made this adorable piece using stamped images on shrink plastic.


Saturday, we went over the San Francisco to watch the Blue Angels. It was a perfect day in the city and we had great seats to see the whole thing.


The planes did some sky writing and created this heart shape.


We were right there at Ghirardelli Square so of course we had to do some shopping and eating.
Rachel discovered a cupcake shop, Kara's Cupcakes. She was in heaven!

Today I had a wonderful day with my long time friend, Denise. We first did some shopping in Walnut Creek. We found some cute clothes at JCrew and H&M. Then we had lunch at a restaurant called The Door - asian fusion cuisine. You'll want to go for "small bites" where you can get order a varitey of plates that are so tasty. It was a day of great shopping and yummy eating!
Today Rachel made these two adorable softies for her purse. They are both from anime shows that she likes. The pink one is "Tokyo Mew Mew" and the black one is from her favorite, "Sailor Moon."

1 comment:

  1. I love the shrinky-dink that Lois made...very cute! I also love the pics you captured of the Blue Angels in flight...just amazing! The softies on Rachel's purse is so cute and I also love the bag!

    ReplyDelete