Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Published in Somerset Life Oct/Nov/Dec 2012

I love receiving my complimentary issue of Stampington magazine when ever you get published.
 In the current issue of Somerset Life, I was excited to have two articles. The following one is titled, "Vintage Button Cards", however, there's a slight problem. They photographed a different project of mine with the story.
The project photographed was my 7-Gypsies portfolio project. The inside is filled with embellished envelopes - but no buttons. This was not my vintage button card kit.
I know mistakes happen, so I apologize for anyone who reads the article and was confused at the corresponding pictures.

My second article was supposed to feature a black and white necklace, but the photographs were for a different necklace that I had made.
So, if you're reading the article and wondered why it doesn't make sense when you look at the pictures - now you know why.

On another note, I had a wonderful time at Art-Is-You in Petaluma. I took a bunch of pictures, so it will take me awhile to go through them and share with you a glimpse of the event...stay tuned.

4 comments:

  1. Connie ~ Congratulations on getting published...what an honor and I know you must be thrilled. It's unfortunate that the wrong pics got printed, but mistakes will happen. The important thing is that you were recognized for your outstanding creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! 2 more articles in the current issue of somerset studio. will rush out to get my copy. disappointed about the mistakes and will take note when reading the articles.

    lana cano kloch

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connie, mistake or not, I think it's so great that you're being published. It would be great to see the actual projects that were suppose to be in the article. Maybe you can post on your blog. R

    ReplyDelete
  4. Connie I was soosososoosos happy when I picked up this copy and saw you in it!
    What can't you do ???? I love your necklaces above!
    Please start selling your work.....We all want to have something of yours! Also thank you for doodling tips...So much fun...I still love too color so this is relaxing and fun...Can'y wait for more classes....And will you have time for Christmas card exchange?
    xoxo Laura H

    ReplyDelete